Today I get the awesome opportunity to work with talented tattoo artist, Lacy Depasquale. She is working in Paducah at Iron Anchor Tattoos and is finishing a sleeve for a friend of mine. He asked me along and I thought it was a great opportunity to put the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 lens to the test in a field review. This DSLR lens has been a great lens for me over the past 2 years and I wanted to show why I liked it so much. My camera rarely has a different lens on it when I do photography and in this video you will see why.
I have review this lens before for everyday use and looked at it a little more technically (see that video here) but now I wanted to take it into a smaller low lit area and test it out.
I am looking for versatility in the focal range, auto-focus ability, and overall image quality, color and contrast.
Check out the video below.
Some neat behind the scenes facts on this video and tattoo.
- This Tim Burton sleeve is two years in the making.
- I have been friends with Tyler, for 23 years.
- Tyler's favorite Tim Burton movies are Coraline and
- We sat doing this sleeve for 6 and 1/2 hours in a single day.
- The hyper-lapse photography was done using my
- The hyper-lapse complete segment consisted of over 1291 images that i stitched together in final cut pro.
- We drove over an hour to go to Lacy because her work is stellar!